Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fried Rice

Travis LOVES rice, specifically white rice with butter and soy sauce. He can eat buckets of the stuff. I've been making "cauliflower rice", which I think is a great substitution for rice. Travis has been eating it, but not with his usual "save room for seconds of just rice, butter and soy sauce".

Anyhoo...tonight I did duck on the bbq rotisserie and decided to do chinese greens and "fried rice" with it.

Apparently it was a hit. 

Next time, there'll be a great food shot here.

Here's the recipe. Pay attention because it's really complicated.

I grated some cauliflower so that it was rice sized.

I heated up a pan and threw in some bacon fat. I could have used coconut oil, or duck fat, or in a pinch butter, or last choice, olive oil. 

I chopped up some fresh ginger - a person could use the stuff in a jar. 

I also sliced up some green onions. 

If I had wanted to go the whole nine yards, I could have whisked up an egg and fried it first, chopping it up and setting it aside. 

I threw the ginger into the pan and let it saute for a minute or so then added the "rice".  I tossed them around for a minute or so then added the green onions. 

I then added a splash of sesame oil and some gluten free soy sauce, and tossed the works around.  If I had a cooked an egg I would have tossed it in as well. 

That's it. Travis got excited about rice so it's a win! 

Pictures next time I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment